Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Look up the part number for the switch for your exact model then put the number into google

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
I see, its still worth a look. thank you.

update: I cant find anything for an 84. I also don't know how to find the part number, can anyone help with that?

also, I think my last resort will be to try and repair the original switch. I have already repaired it a couple of times, even using the screw mod, and it still messes up. ill see what I can do.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
wow you actually found some!! thats awesome! However, I must say that I am sorry for misinforming you guys. It turns out that the old original switch was not connected this whole time, The tail light and start button plug was just attached to it so well that it seemed to be part of the switch. so now that we can rule out the switch, can we rule out the alternator? I took it to to the local auto parts store and I got mixed results. it first failed the test, then it passed the test. it then failed again, and then it passed for another time. the employee said he was testing for the wrong model at first, and that also maybe the pulley belt/timing belt was a bit loose. In the end, he said it was still good.I'm a bit skeptical though. my question is, can the alternator pass the test and still be a bad alternator? maybe it is on the brink of going bad so it is giving mixed results? Ya'll know more than me so, i'll just sit back and listen.
I also had the results printed out if you want to see the specifics.

·
Administrator
26,699 Posts
Take it to a real alternator repair shop.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Only if its a lottery wining alternator, they either work, dontcharge or overcharge

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
alrighty, ill get it tested one more time. can I go to any mechanic? or are there specific repair shops for alternators?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
so the alternator is good. i'm going to inspect the wiring to see if I see anything odd or out of place.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
i couldnt find anything, im going to take it to an electrical shop tomorrow.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts