Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While cruising today, my clutch lever fell off. I retrieved that, but noticed that the master cylinder for the clutch seemed to have lost some pieces. I prodded inside and found a small rubber boot, two springs, and what looked like the end of a small piston. I figure that I am missed the end bolt that goes through the clutch lever handle, and the small rod that should make contact with the small piston, protrude through the boot past the two small springs and thereby push down on that piston. Am I about right on what parts I need. The master cylinder seems to be impregnable and the only access seems to be through the cylinder that houses the parts-am I right about this?:X

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

This is how I got home...thank God for the Canadian Automobile Association.;)

Attachments

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

That sounds about right Dean. The part nymber of the pushrod is 22884-MB0-006 and the bush which is probably still in the end of the master cylinder (tight fit) is 22885-MB0-006.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:)

Thanks Brother. It was kind of disconcerting to see that the master cylinder was self-contained piece. It's always nice when you can take things apart and replace any part that is missing or broken. I always get a little nervous when I see a sealed unit like the master cylinder. I figure what happened is that bolt that holds the lever fell out; the lever fell out, and took the pushrod and the connecting nut at the end with it. By the time I picked up the lever on a very busy road, the pushrod and the connecting nut were the next county.:D

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The master cylinder isn't sealed Dean. You pull a circlip from the end and out should pop the piston rod, spring & seal. The circlip is under the small rubber boot and will most likely be well hidden by crud.
If you ever have to buy it, the master cylinder repair kit part numberis 22886-MB4-305 and it contains the piston, seals, spring, boot & circlip.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Steve:

Thanks very much. You really do help out a lot of folks. This is my 22nd Honda since 1966 and the old saying "you meet the nicest people on a Honda"...well, it still rings true thirty years after Honda stopped using it as it's advert.

Dean Roosevelt, Toronto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.