Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You life savers helped me out greatly last year and I was hoping you could do it again. Low on fuel so I added some from a can I had (stupid move). Five miles down the road, I lost power and had to baby it home. Drained the tank and added new fuel. Starts fine, idles fine butskips,backfires, and wants to stallat higher RPM's. Checked air cleaner, fuel filter and fuel pump (good flow). Runs better ( but not normal) with a little choke. Any guesses before I trailer it to a mechanic. Thanks in advance.Also pulled the plugs, they seem to be burning perfectly.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I would replace the fuel filter anyway. Sounds like it is starving for fuel at higher RPM's. If it's running well enough, try adding some Seafoam or MMO to the gas tank and run a tank or two through to see if itruns any better.If that doesn't help you will probably need to pull the carbs and clean them.

Bob :11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet 5girlsdad!:waving::waving:

You are one tough fella, I thought I had it tough with 2 daughters. Do you show their prospective dates your gun collection? It worked wonders for me, they always brought my little dears back on time.

I'm gonna guess you've got some water in the carbs. Drain the bowls, pull off the fuel line and squirt in a teaspoon or two of HEET or another gas line dryer and follow Bob's suggestions about Marvel Mystery Oil or Seafoam.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

5girlsdad,

I recently just had the same type of problem. Where it would feel like the bike is starving for fuel. It ended up that there was so much krud in the tank that I had to get another one from ebay. Might be worth your while to take the seat off and pull out the fuel gage after you drain it. It could be that when it is getting empty that all the krud sloshes near the screen and pluggs it up. Then as you idle for a bit the bowls fill up and then as you go down the road again it feels like it starves again.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.