Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greeting: Has anyone found a way to patch holes in a goldwing plastic trunk. I have one with nearly two hundred holes drilled in it. thankyou very much in advance. Ron

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Try U-Pols Plastic-X. It bonds to the plastic (the UPol is actually plastic) and never falls out, unlike fibreglass.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

oldguybiker wrote:
Greeting: Has anyone found a way to patch holes in a goldwing plastic trunk. I have one with nearly two hundred holes drilled in it. thankyou very much in advance. Ron
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Net, oldbikerguy!:waving::waving:

Your handle is almost redundant on a Goldwing site although we do have some young'uns here. There are several methods that would work for you. One way is to clean and sand off the area inside the trunk and put a blob of Marine Tex epoxy filler over the hole and sand it flush on the outside. Marine Tex is very tenacious and sticks well to ABS. Another way would be to cut some narrow strips from a piece of ABS pipe and weld the holes with a soldering iron. The Clymer Manual has a section on this method. I would not use polyester resin, the more common fiberglass resin, it doesn't properly bond to plastics like ABS.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Plastex should be easily available in the USAoldguybiker, as I've seen it mentioned on many forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.