Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I finally got my 84 Goldwing Aspencade it has been in storage for 5 years the last year with no starting or anything.

so ive changed the following
oil change
plugs
air filter
brake fluid
clutch fluid
and rebuilt the rear caliper

she drives great but ive noticed in 1,2,3 when im not really accelerating just like at cruise it has a pop in the carbs? :wtf: I put a carb injector cleaner and premium gas in it do I just need to keep running her for a bit cause ive only rode it maybe 5 miles :?

thanks for any help

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic Motor vehicle

Electronics Technology Vehicle Car Electronic device

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Engine

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
68 Posts
See if I can beat everyone else to it, Seafoam in the tank 1 oz per gallon.

You may need to pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning try the Seafoam first

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Yep , you beat everyone .

Nice looking bike . I hope you have the problem sorted out quickly .

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Change the timing belts, radiator belts and antifreeze.
Also - look at the date code on the tires- you prob'ly need to replace them as well....

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Check air cut off valves in carbs. They get gooey and lose the rubber. The prevent backfiring when working right. Might be something to check.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check air cut off valves in carbs. They get gooey and lose the rubber. The prevent backfiring when working right. Might be something to check.
The 1200 has 1 air cut-off valve. Considering the time needed to "check" it, you might as well plan on replacing it from the get-go. They're not too spendy, and it takes a couple hours work, just to get to it.

(See picture, the air cut-off valve is in the upper-center on the bottom of the air box. It has two vacuum hoses coming from it, and a nipple for a third.)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.