Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:? Help I just got this 84 wing 1200 interstate. Was sitting in the yard and the weeds were the only thing riding this for awhile. Put in new battery, and plugs, oil and fuel. Rolls over just fine, noticed that the fuel pump was not running, pulled the carb line off and tried it again still nothing. I tried it off the wing and it worked fine or should I say it ran. Must be a pulse motor by the way it sounded. Of coursed I googled the problem and found this cool site. I would like to get this wing running before storing it for the winter. Needs a lot of TLC. The guy I got this from last rode it in mid 2007 and parked it in the lawn and let it sit. Also what is the best manual for these wings. :baffled:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Find a site with all the manuals you'll need, download and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Bagmaster,
That is a really cool site. Bought some old manuals last nite from Competition Access. or as onliners know as ridemotorcyclesinc.com. They still have a lot of old manuals there. Paid only $20 for each one cylmers or honda. Good stuff. Thanks again for the site. Boppa

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Don't thank me, thank our member GSMcLean. He's the one that went to all the trouble of collecting, scanning and posting most of those manuals. Some he got from other forum members.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the info on manuals. I had a copy that I donated myself. :cool:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

The lines in your tank might be plugged. Try blowing them backwards. Can you run your fuel pump from a gas can to get your wing fired up?

You will have to replace your cam belts before you go out on a road run. If one of them fails, your engine will smash to death instantly.

Welcome to the wing family!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.