Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A deer gored my fairing last fall. Made some nasty divots in the aluminum windshield surround- that pounded out nicely... Aspencade is now roadworthy, it’s just the bling that’s missing now. I’m referring to the three louvers shaped inlets on the lower side Left engine fairing. Engine cove is fine. If the louvers are gold the rest of the cover can be any color. Contact me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
657 Posts
Those appear to be aftermarket. The originals were color matched.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Can anybody confirm this? PO had added other aftermarket items. It’s a fair suggestion, hey I ordered a set off FeeBay with bad lighting that proved to be chrome upon delivery.
See attached pic of my Clymer manual. Unlikely but possible they let aftermarket accessories get in to the cover. I’ll take what I can get!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
657 Posts
Thanks for the input. Can anybody confirm this? PO had added other aftermarket items. It’s a fair suggestion, hey I ordered a set off FeeBay with bad lighting that proved to be chrome upon delivery.
See attached pic of my Clymer manual. Unlikely but possible they let aftermarket accessories get in to the cover. I’ll take what I can get!
The one on the Clymer book shows Gold carbs cover and front rail. Maybe they had to make it different to publish the picture.

BTW, nice looking bike. I had a 1985 1200. There are times I miss it.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carburetor covers on this model are chrome these three louvers are metallic and anodized bronze the cast of gold. The clymets manual describes the part covering the engine as a lower fairing cover. Any help finding these would be delightful. I’m getting to the point where the chrome parts that I ordered in error may just get painted so I can move on thanks for the input

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,087 Posts
Those are aftermarket. Should be able to find some on eBay...or maybe not.
If you have the chrome ones I think they would look good if they were painted the inset color.

Oh, and OEM carb covers are brushed aluminum.
And the bike on the Clymer book has lots of aftermarket junk on it.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So upon further scrutiny as I look over the spare parts I purchased off eBay these certainly must be aftermarket as you all suggest- the gold louver wraps around the plastic oem and adheres with double faced tape. Thanks for the prodding folks. I’ve been filtering through every viable feebay offering over the winter- the search continues. However now I’ll just go for left side burgandy louvers or gold. Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So upon further scrutiny as I look over the spare parts I purchased off eBay these certainly must be aftermarket as you all suggest- the gold louver wraps around the plastic oem and adheres with double faced tape. Thanks for the prodding folks. I’ve been filtering through every viable feebay offering over the winter- the search continues. However now I’ll just go for left side burgandy louvers or gold. Cheers
[/QUOTE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts