Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody have a spare 85 Interstate/Aspencade 350 watt magnet rotor? I need one to put into transplanted LTD engine. Thanks, much

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I'm swapping engines. The LTD eng doesn't have anything in the back, and I'm going to leave the Interstate engine alone in regards to the back cover, when I put it in the LTD . So I have to get the transplanted LTD eng to charge in the Interstate, so's I can sell it. The Interstate engine, come to find out, must be a replacement eng. It already has the 500 watt alt in it, so it will stay for a spare charging system. So the Interstate will get by with the smaller 350. So am needing the 350 watt rotor. Have the stator already. Got it off Ebay. Shoulda got the rotor, but didn't notice the bigger hsg. Anyway, WHEW!!!!, there's sure a lot of differences between the two engines. Having to change lots of parts, the inside of this Interstate engine is really clean. The orig. LTD eng is all slimy brown. Must havehad a lot of neglect. It actually ran pretty good, but the Int. was absolutely silent, even after sitting for months. Did you get my PM, Vic? Yesterday? I sent you a fairly long one. HMMMMMM. Maybe the digital gremlins are hard at it. LOL:).

MR1200, if I'm not mistaken, the 87 A is already the 500 watt. So, that'll work to make my orig LTD back to a orig setup. What'd you want to swap for. I'm pretty tired, so I must be missing something. Let me know. Well, back out to pull front covers, tochange the gear position switch. Those are fun, eh? I got the cams changed, Vic. So got the cam sensors on, now. The cam is the only thing that's different, the back end is about an inch longer. Regards

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Hi Bob, yes I did get your PM if I think it's the one you speak of. I'll have to give you a call, but, can't do so until next week as I am getting ready for a large bike meet and I've got folks hounding me to get their bikes fixed so they can get on the road to that event.

Vic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.