Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Dennis and Ken:
Many thanks. When it flickered, I must have touched the front cover to the bike. Thomas Edison, I ain't.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Update and quick question

Gear change switch installed, front engine cover torqued to 9 ft/lbs, and the switch works, thanks to Dennis and Ken.

Before I attach the radiator, I want to make sure that the impeller of the water pump should not turn by hand (because the shaft is linked to the oil pump shaft). Correct?

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Poorboy re-wiring question

I've just re-installed my Poorboy alternator, but I forgot to note exactly which tang on the alternator to use for this cable -- and I don't have the instructions here.

Notice that the other end of this cable goes to the power side (I think) of the fuse box. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I should have mentioned that it's been run briefly in this configuration and the alternator puts out 13.2 Volts whether at 900 rpm or 3000. That doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update on weep hole oil leak 85 1200A

Identified the IG (ignition) tang for the exciter lead on the Geo Metro alternator, thanks to Rednaxs60, who sent a picture, and was able to get a 40 mile ride in yesterday.

No oil drip from the weep hole this morning; so far, so good. My thanks again to all who contributed.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts