Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When putting bik on center stand tire does not come off the ground can you help with this Thank you

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Do you mean that when the bike is on the center stand that the rear wheel touches the ground with the front wheel also touching the ground? If so, then may be too much air in the rear shocks.

If the rear wheel touches and the front does not, then block the swing-arm up so that it does not touchif you need to service something at the rear.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok I wiil check this today Thank You:bow:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

checked at 28lbs The person i got the bike from was a large man may have put taller tires on:?

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
imported post

28 psi is not a lot. They recommend no higher than 57 lbs, if memory serves (fat chance!)

Could this be a problem with the swing arm? Someone with experience willhopefully check in here.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you will try to check it out:baffling:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

have an aspy and an sei
aspy has wheel on ground,metzler tires progressive shocks
sei has wheel off ground,e2's with stock shocks

progressive shocks are 1/2" longer than stock aspy oem's,beleive its that and maybe a slight difference in tire diameter with the metz's that does it

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Belated welcome, my 86-I is the same way. It drags on the ground, but can be turned. You may have a little wear at the swing-arm pivot. Or, as you say the tire may be a bit taller than the OEM Dunlop... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

Make sure when you air up the rear shocks to check the pressure WHILE the bike is on the center stand. 45 lbs. pressure while the bike is on the stand is about right for one up riding.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank for the info i am still lookin it over. New to the Goldwing world. Went from Yamaha to Goldwing what a ride loving it

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

I X2 that if you have Progressive Shocks they are longer and no longer will the tire be in the air on the center stand even with NO Air Pressure.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

I think it was Bike....and Dennis that talked about the center stand stops getting worn and battered causing the center stand to travel too far forward. This would cause the bike to set lower. Also check the bottom of your center stand to see if it is wore down. there's not a whole lot of lift when on the center stand so the folks saying the longer shocks could be an issue have a good point.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thaks for the help will check it out!!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I will be checking this out today!! Very nice to know Thanks for you help!!

·
Administrator
22,371 Posts
imported post

Mort,

Take a side view pic of the bike on the stand and post it.

Frame could be bent or rusted, or the stand can bend and break too. In your area, if they salt the roads, rust is very possible.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I will a.s.a.p Have some parts off bike right now!!!:rollingeyes:

·
Administrator
22,371 Posts
imported post

mort952 wrote:
I will a.s.a.p Have some parts off bike right now!!!
Better with the parts off...we're looking for the angle of the centerstand. I expect the stand's foot pedal may also be touching the ground.

·
Administrator
22,371 Posts
imported post

First, the frame is either badly bent, or colapsing from rust where it meets the stand. Your pic is not level, but if you level it, the stand is really angled forward.

The foot tang looks like someone has bent it to keep it from holding that side of the bike higher.

Also looks like someone bent the muffler shroud to accomodate something.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.