Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have some a 1985 GL 1200 LTD left. The bike developed an intermittant ignition problem so I am parting it out. I had tried to fix it first. I got another computer, and pluged it in, and had the exact same problem, so it is not the computer, (which I still have, and it is the only electronic piece known to be good!). Has a good fuel pump, the motor is in good mechanical condition, has between 70 and 80 K on it. It has 62K on it when I got it 2 years ago. (I ride a lot!). The front forks are gone, along with the fairing. I still have the calipers, front wheel (with new tire), rear wheel, final drive, swing arm, etc.

This is all located in the metro Detroit area.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will be posting parts on craigs list soon, but for now, will only list them here.

Tom

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

Do you have any of the front plastic left? I'm looking for the connector piece between the two lowers that goes in front of the radiator, and the two vented pieces that direct cool air to your knees(the edges are color matched to the fairing(gold).

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sorry, fairing with lowers, and saddlebags and fork tubes, (guy hit a deer!), fuel pressure regulator and drivers pegs are all gone. that piece under the radiator, even before I started to part it out I needed one of those, unfortunately I could not find one. Sorry about that!

Hope you find what you are looking for!

God Bless

Tom

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yeah, but it would need to be recovered. The padding and base are good, but the cover has tears in it. I bought a second seat on craigs list for $30, it is not what you would call perfect either but usable, and my plan was to use that seat while the other one was recovered. Then the bike developed a wiring problem and here we are.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

Hi Tom,

I am looking for the speedometer drivewith the sender unit that mounts on the axle andhas the wire that runs up to the wiring harness.

I am also interested in the rear shocks.

Peter

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Hi Tom:

I am still looking for the pulse generator sensor, the one on the cam. If you still have it, I would really like to get it from you. I have the bike into Honda, and they are just waiting for me to get the part.

Thanks,
Ivan U
515-249-2571

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.