Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi all , i have heard from friends this is the all time best site for "wing" owners . i have recently purchased an 85 gl 1200 interstate that i plan to restore . bike runs ok (carb cleaning should straighten this out) . the biggest problem it has other than cosemetic , it starts right up cold but after warms up it acts like a week battery . after cooling off it starts normal . i have replaced the starter because i have read this is symptoms of a worn starter but it still does it . im looking suggestions on this problem . also intrested in any sites , books , of recomendations to help with this restoration . this is something thats been a dream of mine for quite a few years . im not a mechanic but i do have some mechanical knowledge andexperience /

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Hey Welcome to the Forum kvjackson
What does it do when you say it acts like a weak battery? Hope you saved the starter, they usually just need to be cleaned inside.
Put you mileage in your profile that way if you have a question, a lot of times mileage will factor in the answer you get. Just go to the main page on the right, Menu, My Account, Profile
Did you get a repair manual for it?
Restos are fun and challenging.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

hi all , i have heard from friends this is the all time best site for "wing" owners .
It is :waving:. Hit up the tech forum with your starter question, one of the guru's (or all of 'em sometimes) should be able to walk you to a solution. I'm useless as that problem hasn't come up on mine yet.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Your post should be in the technical forum, a moderator will probably move it there for you soon.

When you replaced the starter motor, did you fit a used one? As many of them suffer from the same problems, chances are a used one won't be much better than your original one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.