Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums for a easier way to add fork oil without removing the caps. I'm not really a wrench but my buddy is pretty good. My friendly HD mechanic always uses a vacuum pump to put oil in Harley forks that have air. We did the same on my Wing. Just pulled the right side fairing off and took the air line off to the forks. Opened the TRAC valves full and sucked it in. You do need to be real quick removing the fill tube and replacing the plug. I thought this might be helpful to others.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Can you be more specific tlm? Did you suction the oli in from the air line or other way round? How long did it take?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. We measured the oil into a smaller container and attached a tube from it to the drain port on the lower fork. Then hooked the vacuum pump up the the air line. With the TRAC control set to "0" it took just a few seconds.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You can inject it into the top if you remove the air valve, just get a small piece of aluminum tubing to slide in the hole and a piece of clear tubing onto a Turkey injector, you may need to do it in step sizes of tubing or a collar adaptor to the injector size tubing. ($10-$15 at hardware stores)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.