Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

was riding today and bike was running great not hint of any probles parked it for an hour or so and when i started it back up and released the clutch it would not move reved the engine a little and it cought hold and ran fine for about a mile the started slipping if i reved it very much to increase speed i babyed it home about 4 miles checked oil and it is fine checked clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder both seem to be working fin any suggestion as to what me plroblem is

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
imported post

There is a riveted damper plate in the clutch pack. If a few of those rivets let go, and they can, it...shall we say..."changes the dynamics" of the clutch.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

my next question is do i have to remove the motor from the frame to replace the clutch or is there away to do it without takeing it out

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
imported post

Some say it can be done with the motor in place, but it seems like it would be just as easy to move the motor left enough to get at the clutch cover.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

I would do a little further checking before yanking engine. Any chance the master cylinder is not releasing pressure from a blocked return port. When I first got my SEI the clutch did some really funky things but after flushing clutch fluid and frequent driving problem went away. Sometimes just flushing isn't enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.