Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?I just purchased a GL1200L. It had a hesitation when I purchased, thought injector cleaning would solve. Honda dealer cleaned injectors, new plugs. Called and said Throttle sensor was out. Replaced throttle sensor, still hesitates. They then said it was the ECU. Replaced ecu, now ecu says Throttle Sensor again. The bike has 44,000 miles. Help

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the Honda shop are a bunch of parts changers. Are they still charging you to guess what's wrong? I can't help you but the scenario is familiar. I've seen shops of all sorts that just change parts until they get it right.

Someone will come along and steer you in the right direction. And welcome to the Board. There's a lot of really helpful guys on here.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I know someone in England who had a similar problem. I big lag when he opened teh throttle. The fault code lights in the ECU didn't read faulty at all. Eventually by trial and error and fitting different parts it turned out that the temperature sensor was faulty. The sensor tells the ECU if the coolant is up to operating temp or not (ie hot or cold). A new one solved the problem.
I can't say if this is your problem but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

And welcome to the forum MeTnVette. :waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey MeTnVette :leprechaun:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:clapper::18red::clapper:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

MyWingis repaired.He said theyreset the ECU andsynchronized the fuel injectors. No hesitation! Loving my Goldwing! :D Great Forum :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

help! i have the same wing with the same problem but no dealer here will touch it! how do you reset the ecu?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Go to search, and type in LTD. There's a lot of stuff about LTDs. There's no resetting these ecu's. They're not adaptive. He porbably just thot he reset it. Sync is pretty important, and if on the original job, they forgot to hook up air temp sensor, that'll make it doggy. Glad it's fixed. They're pretty incredible, when they're right. I've thought about converting mine to GM injection. That way, it would be laptop accessable, + scanner (OBDI) Maybe, someday. I might do it to an Interstate, instead. I have most of the goodies to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.