Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have the burgandy and gold trim "bling: machine" running strong at 114k. The buck shattered the LEFT side position light lense ( the clear triangular one on the left side of the headlight.

Also, he flicked off the LEFT side "air guides" from the mide cowl. I prefer the term louvers. Id prefer to get the gold units preferred.

Clayton six zero 8 726 one five five four. or [email protected] zip 53554 in SW Wisconsin.

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
Hi

I have the burgandy and gold trim "bling: machine" running strong at 114k. The buck shattered the LEFT side position light lense ( the clear triangular one on the left side of the headlight.

Also, he flicked off the LEFT side "air guides" from the mide cowl. I prefer the term louvers. Id prefer to get the gold units preferred.

Clayton six zero 8 726 one five five four. or [email protected] zip 53554 in SW Wisconsin.
I use SearchTempest.com to find things like that.

for the best results, just use 2 or 3 words, try to narrow it down, and you will NOT get any hits.

I would first use gl1200 lens and scroll thru all of the results.
CL shows up first, but is useless.

scroll below that to the eBay results

for the "louvers", that is a big guess, try gl1200 and various other words ...
gl1200 louvers or vents or wings or whatever terms you see show up.

good ole eBay will list almost everything on the first search though, just keep scrolling.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The lower fairing is ABS and will be an easy fix for a winter project. The paint colour code should be under the gas cap cover. If you haven't used an air brush, good time to give it a try. Would be able to blend the colour and easier than trying to find a colour replacement. Use an adhesion promoter on the fixed areas. Wouldn't recommend a complete panel paint because it will look better than the rest of the bike and you may want to do a complete paint job. Repaired a panel on my 1500 and painted the panel. Put back on bike and the rest of the panels looked dated. Painted the entire bike including the trim parts, turned into a C-19 project. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I located the side position light lense off Ebay, the side cowl is not broken, what did literally shatter was what I call the louvers on the left side engine cowl, these three abs plastic "air guides as the fiche refers to them went flying and were shattered by passing traffic. With so many of this model out there Im confident I'll locate the part without resorting to painting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts