Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have completed the tear down, clean up and have had a valve job done. Now I need to put it all back together but I need a couple of special tools:

1) Shim Selector Gauge (07947-MG-90000) detailed mechanical drawings of this simple tool will do .... I have a machinist friend

2) Tappet Bleeder (07973-MJ-00000) in a pinch I can do without this but it would be alot easier with it.

3) Pulley Holder (07974-37-10200) if I can't find one I will need some shade tree mechanic insight of how to torque these down without spinning the cams.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to get back on my bike and ride a bit. My sanity is hanging in the balance.

Regards and thanks to all,

Biker Billy

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Hi Biker Billy. somewhere in this web site you will find a link to a picture by picture tutorial explaining the complete assenbly of the bike for cam belt installation. I dont think there is any special tool to hold the pullies but they did rig up something simple.

i think you can load the lifters with kerosene & place them in without them leaking?!

There is also a tool loaner program on here somewhere.

My bike is now fully restored, full of fuel, waxed etc & it snowed out last night!:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.