Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok so I got my carb build kit this morning and was having a look at the haynes manual. The manual states that these bikes were fitted with Mikuni carbs. However , my bike has Keihin carbs.

Ideas anyone? Also is there anyway of finding out if a bike is a California model.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

here is some info I found. numbers are on the side

what are the carb #'s you have and where are they ?

GL1200 Carb IDs: VB53A, VB53B, VB53C and VB53D, as well as California VB55A, VB55B, VB55C and VB55D

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks. I just check them and all they have on the side is VD no numbers or letters afterwards?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
imported post

well there seems to be the problem they have VD,,,,,,,,,sorry i could not help myself..

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,334 Posts
imported post

Mikuni, huh? That's why I don't bother with anything but the factory manual. They are Keihins.

The numbers Scott gave you are valid and can be found on the back side of the bowl. I'll post a pic.

Where did you get the kits from? MOST of the kits available will cause you lots of sorrow. Use OEM or Randaaks only.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Mikuni, huh? That's why I don't bother with anything but the factory manual. They are Keihins.

The numbers Scott gave you are valid and can be found on the back side of the bowl. I'll post a pic.

Where did you get the kits from? MOST of the kits available will cause you lots of sorrow. Use OEM or Randaaks only.

Yep I got Randaks kit. Thanks for the photos.I do indeed have a California bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.