Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After replacing the crankshaft NS sensor my radio quit working. Looking at the wiring diagram is quite confusing. I have continuity from the travel computer to all the speakers, there is power output from radio to power amp, there is continuity through the mute switch, the radio seems to be receiving because the ST on radio lights up on station selected. From here I loose it. What is SMDC 24 pinin the wiring diagram or how can I bypass the travel computer and cb radio to make radio possibly work? Which wires are output from radio for speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

pm me an email address and i'll send you a couple files

the din cables that are in the travel computer can be connected on the bike side which then bypasses the avc unit

have you checked to see that the headsets work?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
imported post

You can unplug the DIN connectors from the trip computer and plug them back together without going through it. This will bypass the trip computer but you will not have the speed volume control. I doubt that is your trouble though. As suggested above, I would contact Wayne at Sierra Electronics and ask him.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the tip, unplugging the DIN connectors and plugging them together bike side makes the radio work but does this affect the trip computer too.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

While the speaker wires are fairly simple, the rest of it is a nightmare. I was unable to get my stereo or trip computer to do anything at all, and since they were something that I would never use, I just removed everything, including the speakers. The speakers turned out to be ruined. They may be waterproof, but they will not hold up in the AZ sun.

The LTD is not only very complicated, but seems to be unnecessarily complicated for what it is supposed to do. It was one of the Hondas to have all this stuff, and I think there may be a few bugs in it. Best of luck making it work.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
imported post

It has been a while since I had my LTD but as I recall plugging in the DIN connectors to bypass the trip computer just has the effect of doing away with your speed volume control.

Does the trip computer work otherwise? All the mpg, clock, etc work?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

the fact that the avc unit is bad,although presenting a problem should be able to be circumvented by installing an aspy avc unit in the left pocket area and reconnectig the blue and white cables to t, worth a try since finding soemone selling just the avc unit out of the tc would be a slight miracle

you'dstill need to figre out where to reconnect the speed sensor wire into the tc though

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

I'm sure you've probly done this already but any chance replugging it will cause it to work. Have a close look at the pins in the connector on the TC side make sure one didnt push in-look for anything damaged etc.-Worth checking-problem seems self induced if it wasn't an issue before.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I took my bike apart when I first got it to work out bugs from sitting, radio worked when I started, did the same thing as yours when I finished. I never did find the issue, but I put a lot of hours into it. I finally ripped it all out and installed an aftermarket system. Hopefully you'll find the glitch, then I can beat my head against a wall and say "why didn't I think of that!"

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I was relieved the radio worked after plugging the DIN cables together bypassing the travel computer that I didn't plug them back to try it to see if it would work. Now the mute switch is messing up which should be an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

nagger007 wrote:
I was relieved the radio worked after plugging the DIN cables together bypassing the travel computer that I didn't plug them back to try it to see if it would work. Now the mute switch is messing up which should be an easy fix.
Keep us posted and don't forget to check the pins on the T/C side

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I was relieved the radio worked after plugging the DIN cables together bypassing the travel computer
Yeah, you got lucky, that one didn't work for me.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

My radio worked great..... well.... it worked OK till I got cought in a downpour one day, then I had no radio. It would come on, but the screen would be blanked out. After a few days I could see the stations on the screen but still no sound. Then about a week later I had radio again. I assume something got wet.... Not your same issue, but an issue that shows that things can happen that are self induced.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
My radio worked great..... well.... it worked OK till I got cought in a downpour one day, then I had no radio. It would come on, but the screen would be blanked out. After a few days I could see the stations on the screen but still no sound. Then about a week later I had radio again. I assume something got wet.... Not your same issue, but an issue that shows that things can happen that are self induced.
Not to highjack Jobe-any chance the joystick for balance fade has a torn rubber boot?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

I tried plugging the DIN cables back into the travel computer but the radio still won't work. I took the mute switch apart and repaired it now the radio works fine minus the travel computer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.