Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up! terry hutchens here in jonesville nc.going to look at a 85 goldwing ltd. the ad says new tires and brakes 250 miles ago, 42,000 miles,with very fast 1200cc engine,needs minor repairs and detailing,$1950. called the man he said the motor and transmission ran out fine. mostly what it needed was cosmetics, as far as he knew everything on the bike worked. btw he is selling the bike for someone else. according to kbb this is cheap. too good to be true? also he is willing to haggle on the price. he also said the battery is weak from sitting. so any info you can give is welcomed. i've been wanting a wing for a long time i just don't want to get burned on my first one. thanks in advance!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:terry hutchens

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hate to say whether this would be a good deal or not. Some of the others on here may know better than me. All I can say is look it over good before buying. Older wings do list good in KBB but they never sell for that price. I have an 82 GL1100 Aspencade that lists for over $3000 and I couldn't get it sold for $2000. Keep in mind that most all older bikes will need some work. The question is are you willing to commit to it and put a little money into it. Good luck with your possible purchase. If you decide to take it, try and convince him to put a new battery in it first. If he says he's selling it for someone else, thats fine. He can call them because I can assure you he will call them the minute it is sold. Don't let them railroad you by saying, "I don't know. I'm selling it for someone else." Make them call the owner and get answers.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,497 Posts
Hallo terry hutchens

Welcome on this nice forum.Wish you al the best.
And good luck with buying the Wing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
he's asking too much. keep looking..... oh, and i don't trust guys who are selling cars/bikes for 'friends'. that's generally a copout so that they can pretend to NOT know what's wrong with the machine.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts