Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought a project bike the p.o. removed all relays and cut not needed wires to the bike the headlight does not work no 12 volts to the bulb (bulb fine) have checked high low beams and turn signals for voltage seems o.k. Question I’m thinking of buying new wireing bundles to redo this electronic tragedy I’ve never done that project since everything is dark and mysterious under the tank etc is it a difficult project or just plug and play?
P.s. the wires are a mess.

Thx gumby

·
Administrator
25,762 Posts
It's pretty simple, everything falls into place pretty much and plugs in to where it fits.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rewire

The guy was a monster who screwed up the wireing on the left facing forward he cut all wires to the bike leaving just high low and the turn signals I checked blue
Wire/white all have 12 volts to ground but the (headlight wires blue wire white wire ) Has 12 to ground from the blue but zero ohms to ground from the white all fuses are fine hmmm mission impossible, I have a background in electronics
Navy (civilian) but this is a mess.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Relay

I think the under the coils relay (not the ones on the bar may be the culpret do you know what that relay is named).

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lighting

What relay is for lights? All schematics point to the turn signal switch my headlights do not go on the front marker lights do go on, I have 12 volts to the white and blue wires at the turn signal switch blinkers also work. Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
This may sound weird, but the trouble just might be your starter button. The headlight wiring goes through there so, when you press the starter button to start the bike, the headlights should go off. You could try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the start switch and pushing it in a bunch of times to see if that might clear your trouble.

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

·
Administrator
25,762 Posts
What relay is for lights? All schematics point to the turn signal switch my headlights do not go on the front marker lights do go on, I have 12 volts to the white and blue wires at the turn signal switch blinkers also work. Hmmmm.
I assume you mean at the dimmer switch? If you have power on both wires there and not at the headlight connection check where the wires from the switch plug into the harness.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No power

I have several times. it seems the blue wire from main bundle has no power that’s why I assumed the relay was not turning on when you the key is turned to on. Screwy as hell. on the schematic the blue wire does not point to a power source.

·
Administrator
25,762 Posts
There is no headlight relay. Power comes from fuse 8 through a black/red wire to the start switch, to a blue/white wire to the dimmer switch then to either the blue (low beam) or white (high beam) wire to the headlight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts