Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In previous post i was excited as PO gave me a trailer to pull behind my bike,sad to say new proublems.

1. Trailer supply store says wheel berrings are from wheel barrow and he would'nt use on highway and didn't believe any way to modify.

2. Trailer has back lights and blinkers, it also has 6 running lights with two bulbs per housing. They ran the battery dead on short run to store.

3. Trailer has narrow wheel base and has tipped over on him when empty.

I plan to look for another trailer but now i'm wondering about the lights, i know some pull trailers, what will my bike handle?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

If your going to keep the trailer you may want to look into changing the lights to low draw LED lights.That doesn't look like the kind of trailer they would put wheel barrel bearing in. I would try a real trailer dealer to get their opinion on them.,,

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I tried a couple, they say if i change out the axel it would sit too high.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

those incadecent lights wont draw that much changing to led's is expensive

if you just want a trailer to use for leisure reasons once or twice a year i wouldnt dump alot of money into it

and as far as wheelbarrow bearings no i wouldnt put them on going highway speeds, try going to a truck outlet place or go to timkin im sure they have a website and can locate a dealer in your area.

i have a little trailer not as extravagant as yours but im not spending 20 or 30bucks for 1 led light when the regular bulbs work just fine.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I would at least change all the marker lights to LED's, that would be cheap and take a lot of the load from the trailer off.

I would check somewhere else for the bearings, I wouldn;t think a trailer like that could be build with wheel Barrow bearings.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

If the limited puts out so much power wh does it seem to have so many wak voltage proublems? With the trailer hooked up while driving in town the horn wouldn't blow and blinker lights were dim.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

The stator just doesn't put the power out that an alternator would. Back in 1985 when these things were build (designed and engineered in 83-84) Not many of us had the need to haul a big trailer with lots of lights, let alone need a cell phone charger, MP3 and iPod hookup along with GPS and Satellite Radio........ Who Knew?......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.