Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just noticed that when i start the bike the tail light warning light is on, when i walk to the rear the light on the trunk is off, after a few secounds the light comes on warning off. Is this common or a potential proublem? Only noticed it the last couple of start ups so don't know if ithappens all the time.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

It could be a loose bulb connection in the trunk, or a failing bulb. Put a new bulb in and see if it is sorted.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
It could be a loose bulb connection in the trunk, or a failing bulb. Put a new bulb in and see if it is sorted.
it's going to be a connection issue, and I would start with the bulb, that sure is the easiest thing to check, past that you are chasing connections under that false tank:sadguy:

Ben

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

hunter27h wrote:
it's going to be a connection issue, and I would start with the bulb, that sure is the easiest thing to check, past that you are chasing connections under that false tank:sadguy:

Ben
Not too keen on the LTD's, but isn't there also a connection for the trunk under the seat??? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

If I remember right, the upper trunk lights are NOT fed through the taillamp sensor. Someone needs to double check me. If that's the case, something has been rewired or there is another problem somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

You are correct about the light connection under the trunk, and it could be the issue, when that lamp in the dash is lit, generally speaking that rear light is out, or an open circuit, the odds are that the rear tail light has corrosion or the bulb itself coud have a broken filoment, that is hanging on by a thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.