Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When i got my bike from the PO he informed me that the stereo was disconnected, that he had installed a new power amp but that it drew to much power. this week his wife informed me that the old amp had gone bad.

Today i got the intercoms working and the radio plays through them. PO gutted part of the system that controlls the tank controlls,(joy stick, vol, tone).I get intermittent sound onCB but haven't been able to transmit.

My questions are: would i be better off finding an old amp and missing parts,or finding a new amp to replace old one? What amp do newer wings use? Does anyone know of an amp that won't take up a saddle bag,that my 1200 stator will power, and will drive all 4 speakers,(PO replaced origanals with bose speakers).

any help much appreciated, you all have been great. Mark

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

You'll see OEM used amps come up on EBay once in a while, but they must be Gold plated or something..... Cuz they aint cheap....

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

We offer them om e-bay but they are new $125. First thing to check is with the stereo on and turned to external speakers is there 12V on green wire with black trace, in 2 pin plug, going to the amp?? if not then the amp will not do anything.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I could send the original amp I pulled out of mine for the cost of postage. I'm not sure it would do you any good because my system went totally dead and I never did find the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

That's very nice of ya blackknytechnc.......

Mighty nice indeed.......

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

That's very nice of ya blackknytechnc.......
Not too nice, I don't know if the thing works, so it's a total gamble.:?But right now it's just takin' up space and I gave up on profits from ebay a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

blackknytecnc thanks i will keep it in mind. would still need other missing parts to hook up.

trying to decide if anything new may work that doesn't draw to many amps, won't take up a saddle bag and will power 4 speakers.

Wayne, will check it out.

what amps are used on later model wings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.