Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i went through out the summer, sometimes my bike sat out in the sun , no proublem but now in cooler weather my bike sat out a few days and the speaker covers have worped and there are a few ripples in the dash, is this common?

Are there replacements available? i have see chrome covers but the look like they fit over original covers

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

Those foil reflective dash covers are good for keeping the heat off, or a small cover over the screen & dash. Too late for you, a visit to ebay is probably in your future.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

If your careful with a heat gun, you may be able to flatten the speaker covers again.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Mine wern't warping per say, but the clips wern't holding them very tight anymore. I got some stick on velcro at WalMart and cut thin strips and put it on the inside of the speaker cover. Holds nice and tight now. Once yours get straight, maybe you could do the same.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i was thinking if i were to purhase to chrome covers that maybe i could reshape the origanals by putting them in the chrome covers and using a heat gun .

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

What half the problem is with the speaker covers is that the dash cover moves backwards (toward the rider) and pushes the cover tabs out of the locating holes, people keep pushing on them eventually breaking them off.
One solution is to remove the windshield, and while standing at the front of the bike, pull the dash toward you then use a couple of small self tapping screws to keep it in position. The rubber windshield cushion will cover the screw heads

You may be able to see the dash and the speaker cover flush, mostly I see the dash pushing the cover backwards toward the rider

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.