Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good morning all,

After a lot of soul searching I have decided to put my 1200 LTD up for sale. I know this is perhaps the worst time to sell but I am pricing it low thinking that someone that knows these bikes will realize the bargain I am offering. After almost 2 years of poor health and being unable to ride very much, I think it is better to sell her than to let her sit. The bike is in very good condition with ~ 87,000 miles. The PO was meticulous about maintenance and while I am not quite so anal, I have continued to take good care of it. I have all maintenance records, along with a Honda service manual with the LTD supplement and a Clymer service manual. I added Kury ISO grips, an air horn, ride-off center stand, relocation bracket for the trunkand have a set of wind-wings (uninstalled - couldn't bring my self to drill into the fairings!). The cassette player does not work but the CB and radio works fine. The on-board air compressor does not work now but I have a working replacement that will go with the sale. I also have a nice set of additional rear shocks that I bought with the intention of rebuilding with Progressive replacement parts. I intended to do this at the same time as replacing the front fork springs with Progressives. The E3 tires have another 1,500 - 2,000 miles left and over the winter will be a great time for a new owner to do some "get-to-know-the-bike" maintenance like replacing the coolant and brake fluid. I rebuilt the clutch MC and slave cylinder about two years ago, not because of any problems but to see if doing so would bring the release point of the clutch lever closer to the handle bar. There is some damage to the fairing under the left mirror boot but it is not visible and I have done a "back-yard" ABS repair that addressed the problem. I am advertising the bike locally for $3,000.00 but for members of this forum I am asking $2,800.00. In my opinion this is a super buy for someone who knows and appreciates these bikes. I am happy to send interested parties all the pictures you want and would welcome anyone to come see and ride the bike for yourself. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

JimC in NC

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

that is a great deal for a LTD that is ready for the road.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

great bike! Way ahead of it's time.
free bump.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I agree! But apparently no one is in the market for this great ride!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
imported post

Please forgive my ignorance,but what is bump?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Thats tempting....... Your right up the road and I could have twins in the garage..........

The LTD is an awesome bike, I love mine.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

highwaybum wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance,but what is bump?
just a "reply" that brings the message thread back to the top of the forum list.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

PM me your regular email address and I will send you pictures tomorrow...
Thanks
Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.