Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, another LTD came up for sale in my area again. This one has 60,500 on the clock. Looks good in the pictures. Not a lot of excess lights to over tax the stator. Not a lot of extra chrome (I'm not a fan of chrome). Has drivers backrest and pass. arm rests. Has factory manual with LE supplement. Refresh my memory of the pros and cons of the Limited Edition and any questions I should ask. Again, I am not well versed on fuel injected 1200s. On a side note, can these injected bikes be easily converted to carbs? Asking price is $3500.00 OBO.

Thanks, Rick

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pros: Best performing of all four cylinder Goldwings. Quick starting, steady idling and fast throttle response. Arguably the fastest four cylinder Goldwing. Best instrumentation of ALL Goldwings.

Cons: They were only built during 1985 and 1986 and were the fewest sold models of those years due to high cost. Specialized parts they need are harder to come by than for carburetter 1200s. Most complex of all four cylinder Goldwings, unlikely you can find a shop to work on them.

I really liked my SEI, two things influenced me to sell it and buy a 1500. Number one for me was reverse. Number two was worries about getting necessary parts to keep it going. If I'd been a member of this forum and had the expertise that's available here and the help locating possible parts sources and substitutes I might have kept the SEI though the reverse of the 1500 was important to me.

If you're willing to do your own work and have a bit of electrical knowledge these are great bikes. If you don't feel comfortable with a wrench and a multimeter they might not be the best bet. $3500 doesn't sound out of line for a well kept good running LTD with excellent cosmetics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.