Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure I start to do my own oil changes - save a few bucks. Shouldn't be difficult. Got a manual, gives the instructions with some pics. Ready to go. Except when I look at the pic for removing the oil drain plug doesn't seems right. So, here my 1st newbie dumb maintenance question / observation. I see a plug (under) beside exhaust pipe - same side as filler plug. Am I safe to assume that's it. I know that there is a plug beside the filter housing but I understand that to be for the coolant. Sorry to consume anybody time but I don't want to start removing things before I know what they do.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
From the Haynes Manual:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I figure I start to do my own oil changes - save a few bucks. Shouldn't be difficult. Got a manual, gives the instructions with some pics. Ready to go. Except when I look at the pic for removing the oil drain plug doesn't seems right. So, here my 1st newbie dumb maintenance question / observation. I see a plug (under) beside exhaust pipe - same side as filler plug. Am I safe to assume that's it.

Correct

I know that there is a plug beside the filter housing but I understand that to be for the coolant.

correct

Sorry to consume anybody time but I don't want to start removing things before I know what they do.

Dont forget to change the oil filter at the same time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tricky. Thanks for the pics. The pic clearly shows the oil drain plug. Much better that Clymer's version. I am changing oil and filter. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
be slow to remove drain bolt or you will get a surge of oil that by passes your bucket and hits your center stand leaving a mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.