Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 85 Aspencade with factory AM/FM/cassette. When I bought it the FM only worked once in a while. One day while the FM was working, I wanted to check the CB. Instantly, when I hit the transmit on the CB, the FM quit and hasn't worked since. There is only one antenna. I checked all the connections I can find but couldn't get behind the panel in the dash where the radio slides into the mount. The AM works fine. Any suggestions?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Did you try bending the pins on the mount? Although I must say that this sounds like an internal radio problem instead of a bad connection.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

You know... its a 20 year old radio... and its amazing , when you think about it  How well they have lasted on almost all the Classic wings /forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif... Since your FM was fritzy before... and your belts in the tape unit are probably , like most of us here, old and cranky./forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif....  I would start by sending the unit to Sierra Electronics... They can fix all these older wing electronics... and the cost is nothing ,compared to adding a newer radio that will do all that this unit will do (AM, FM, Tape, and Comm, as well as CB  )                                                           SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

WOW, thanks to all for your help! I'll look into sending it to Sierra. Winter is only a few months away here in the north country so that will be a good time to do it. This is my first post on the forum and the number of quality responses is great. Thanks again to all.:clapper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.