Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all: Just noticed this on my 85 Wing.

I had painted the upper brake fluid resivor last year.

Today while doing maintenance work on the bike noticed the paint I applied was all wrinkled up from fluid leak that appears to be from bottom edge of the sight glass.

I guess it could also be comming from somewere at the bottom.

The flid is now low so wonder if is a seal, adding fliud well swell it shut again.

If it is the sight glass, can that be repaired with a seal?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There have beenseveralforum memberswith leaking sight glasses on master cylinders. Teacher was the first one I remember who experimented with a couple different methods to seal the glass. Members have used silicon seal, epoxy, JB weld, and Quick Steel and all seemed to have good results

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

I repaired mine with JB Weld applied to the inside. 'Course that meant you couldn't see the fluid anymore but it stopped leaking.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I insted a small lexan disk I cut from someting i bought. Like batteries or similar. I inserted that disk so that the epoxy would not drip into the cyl chamber. I jigged it so that the sllight glass would be horizontally level and poured 5 hour epoxy into the void where the site glass was. I now have a repair that i can see through. 1 year later and ther is some yellowing of the epoxy but all else is in goo condition. I will be ok if I have to doo it again in 2 years or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.