Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saw this one in the Tampa Craigslist. If I had more room or it was 2 years newer would get it. (I already have 5 bikes in an area big enough for 2 bikes)

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/896087057.html

I did email him yesterday and got this response.

The bike is a 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 it has about 70,000 miles with clear title and new tires it ran before it was parked but has been sitting almost 3 yrs . First $700.00 takes it any other questins send me an email thank you Peter

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

If it was about 3000 miles closer I'd buy it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

It's worth it for parts. It'll sell quickly unless there's a catch. Too far for me to go :(

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I sent him an email about it asking about some close ups of it and the history of the bike. We'll see what happens.

Hey. Perterbylt, have you talked to the seller already? Your post makes me think you have.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bagmaster,

I emailed him yesterday and I posted his response from yesterday evening.

"The bike is a 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 it has about 70,000 miles with clear title and new tires it ran before it was parked but has been sitting almost 3 yrs . First $700.00 takes it any other questins send me an email thank you"

A friend here local offered him $500 and he never even responded to that.

Peter

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

As a rule, I don't reply unless there is a phone number. Please be careful when replying to some of the Craigslist ads due to scams. That being said, I bought my wing off of Craigslist here in OKC and it was one of the best deals I've made. The guy had his number posted and I was able to talk to him at great length about the bike before I ever went to look at it. Again be careful I don't want to see anyone get taken advantage of.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

I live 15 min from where the bike is. I sent him an email to go over and check it out. I will report back if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

wapaloosie wrote:
How come he has two names, Look out
Where did you see that?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

The Peter was me signing mypost and the New line got lost in the translation.

The response I got to the email seemed good to me.

I just decided I could not fit another bike in the Garage so I posted the listing herealong with his email response to my inquiry.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Peter

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
I just decided I could not fit another bike in the Garage so I posted the listing herealong with his email response to my inquiry.

Peter
If you own enough bikes people lose track and then you can pretty much do as you please. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

My ex grew up in Seffner back in the 60's, was friends with a couple of girls with the last name of Garlits.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Motor22,

Did you check it out? I offered him a possible trade. Dont know if he would do it though. I' dride down to see/do it first.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

motor22 wrote:
I live 15 min from where the bike is. I sent him an email to go over and check it out. I will report back if anyone is interested?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I wonder why these deals come up when I know I would never see another $700.00 I could blow again, LOL!!

Nr1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.