Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This has probably been asked/answered here but I can't find the exact info I'm looking for. I'll probably have to uncover the Wing to grab the Owners Manual and Service Manual (gotta scan both so I have a copy at my desk!) but thought I'd also try and tap the extensive knowledge base of you forum members. I am new at this and have little understanding of the CB/Radio interface on my Wing. It has the original CB installed and original Panasonic radio and it was indicated to me by the PO that the Original Owner stated everything worked but he (the OO) kept the helmets/mic/headphones to use somewhere else. The PO never used the CB.

Are the CB and radio tied in together... meaning that if I replace the old Panasonic with a new receiver that will play radio/MP3/etc and recharge my iPhone will the CB be lost? I'm considering replacing the radio and installing a Bluetooth adapter in it and then Bluetooth headphones in my helmet. Any ideas are welcome but I'm not looking to spend a fortune and pretty much don't really need the CB anyway.

I've had the radio out and wonder also if anyone has pictures/info as to how best to connect a new radio receiver to the existing Panasonic receiver "plug" (for lack of a better word)?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

It is an integrated system... you will lose the OEM CB and intercom capabilities with an aftermarket installation..

Others here have described their exchanges and will probably be along soon..( my recommendation would be to fix what you have and have it all.)

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

+1 sandiegobrass is correct.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

I agree. It is an integrated system. If the original radio still works you can do modifications to improve the stock system.
As far as charging your iphone, you can add an aux power plug/cig lighter and buy an adapter that plugs into it with a usb port.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the info and links guys!!! Gives me more options to think about!!!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

I have a 87 Aspencade turn over to a trike and I bought a cassette adapter that you plug into a mp3 player. That gives me over a thousand songs to listen too

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

nolohunter wrote:
I have a 87 Aspencade turn over to a trike and I bought a cassette adapter that you plug into a mp3 player. That gives me over a thousand songs to listen too
I tried the cassette adapter route but way too much static.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

if you have static with the cassette adapter there must be a problem with the radio system itself,it possible that the cassette may need some alignment or something,might even be something with the adapter itself

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

neoracer wrote:
if you have static with the cassette adapter there must be a problem with the radio system itself,it possible that the cassette may need some alignment or something,might even be something with the adapter itself
I too think it's either in the adapter or the cassette itself. When I use just the radio tuner all is clear and the music sounds decent. However... hate commercials and want something else.

It won't be a quick decision as to what I'm going to do but eventually I'll take everything learned here and decide. I may wait until April to actually do anything though. My sons and their families are coming from AK (Coast Guard) and KY (Army) for a family reunion before the youngest heads out for his second tour in Afghanistan. They're gearheads and electronics wizards so I'm sure we'll get something worked out. I just want to have as many options as possible beforehand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.