Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

my choke cable broke and i decided to change it myself, even after searching the web i still was not sure where the end hooked up on the engine (call me slow......), anyhow attached are a couple of pics showing the location (left front !!!), what needs to be removed will depend on your experience/knowledge, while i'm here i'm going to shim the jet needles to take care of the stumble at around 2500 rpm,
(dirt bikes way back when used to come with a circlip and 3 grooves for this reason....), i also liked the fact that there are brass mesh screen protecting the engine from dropping bolts in there......question, i have a lot of rust on many chrome pieces, i'm assuming because the bike spent a lot of time in Florida, CLR seems to remove it but what can use to prevent it from coming back tomorrow?

thanks,

j

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,931 Posts
Hi All,

......question, i have a lot of rust on many chrome pieces, i'm assuming because the bike spent a lot of time in Florida, CLR seems to remove it but what can use to prevent it from coming back tomorrow?

thanks,

j

Elbow grease seems to work best. Keep chrome clean and it won't rust.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
It's a losing battle with rust on chrome. About all you can do is clean it often and slow the return of the rot.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to close, the cable worked fine (everything else worked too!) and the shims (recommended by someone here, thanks!) seems to have taken care of the stumble.

happy holidays!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.