Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the left side controls for my 86 Aspencade. Mainly I am looking for the radio change control switch. If anyone happens to know where I might be able to find one of these please let me know. I have been on ebay for hours now. Also if you might know what years are interchangable that would be great as well as I just purchased this bike and know nothing about it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:waving:

Is there something broken on the controls? Finding a replacement will be either an NOS (new old stock) that someone found laying around or it will be a used one from a part-out. If yours is not broken but just not working right, cleaning it will likely fix your problem. If you do need to replace it, post a part wanted in the for sale/parts wanted forum. I'm not sure what years will have the same controls. You should look at the part numbers on the dealers parts fiche online and see what years, 84-87 have the same part number. Here's one of my local dealers.
http://www.hondabike.com/fiche_select.asp

John

·
12,841 Posts
I just did a quick lookup on the 86 Aspencade. The switch is in the Radio section of the parts fiche. Here's the part number.

SWITCH, RADIO SELECT
39210-ML8-771

Looks like it's the same number on the 87 but the 84 & 85 have a different part number.

John

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I just did a quick lookup on the 86 Aspencade. The switch is in the Radio section of the parts fiche. Here's the part number.

SWITCH, RADIO SELECT
39210-ML8-771

Looks like it's the same number on the 87 but the 84 & 85 have a different part number.

John
They may have the part number in the part fiche but the 85 model is the same as the later models. being vertical orientation as to the 84's horizontal orientation.

Always take the parts fiche with a grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
NO.... 84 is horizontal, 85+ are vertical.

You will see the difference in the attachments

This is a box I made to do the job using the existing wiring, the switches cost about $4.00 so replacement is no longer a problem they are available in any electronics shop and the box also

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't mind me asking. Where did you purchase the box? The switch on mine you have to move it kind of hard up and down in order to get the channel to change. I do not remember seeing the second switch for the CB because my Aspencade does not have one. If you would prefer to send me a private email please do so. Thanks!

·
12,841 Posts
Thanks Tricky! I thought I remembered seeing verticle switches on some 85's but thought I must be wrong after looking at the part's fiche.

John

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. Where did you purchase the box? The switch on mine you have to move it kind of hard up and down in order to get the channel to change. I do not remember seeing the second switch for the CB because my Aspencade does not have one. If you would prefer to send me a private email please do so. Thanks!
Something similar to this http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1594A.pdf only black the size was almost the same size as the two original switches together, I bought 2 center return switches for the channel up and down 1 push on push off and one momentary push on,release off.

I was lucky I had access to a computerized label maker to make the front label

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I would remove the switch and soak it in WD40 or even seafoam to loosen up the crud.

If that doesnt work then the attachment shows the wiring to the connector.

If you cant get the switch to work then pry the back off and make sure the wiring on your switch is similar to the diagram.

You can unsolder the wires from your switch then solder them to the one your assembling

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.