It moved under it's own power!
After getting it running, long enough to get the oil changed, I pulled and rebuilt the carbs.
In doing that I discovered two of the intake bolts stripped and set in place. I drilled out the bolt holes and made two home made heli-coils. Drilled and tabbed existing holes to 10mmx1.25mm and retapped intakes back to stock 8mmx1.0mm.
With carbs cleaned and rebuilt, installed, said prayer for my newly fabricated heli-coils, which lined up perfectly by the way, and fired up this beautiful machine.
It ran rough for a few minutes. I guess that was the 10w30 and WD-40 still in the exhaust, because she smoked like a drunken sailor. I moved the beast to the driveway and let her run at about 1500 rpm, with throttle lock on for about an hour to clean the exhaust and get warm enough to check thermostat and thermal fan switch.
Thermostat appears to be opening correctly (no overheating) and fan kicked on several times at about the same place on the dash's digital display.
Having noticed that the clutch appeared to be stuck when I was pushing the bike around, I dedided to work it a few times with fresh clean oil and a hot engine to see it it would break free. Woo Hoo, felt the ever so slight bump when it did. That said, I tested it with the bike on centerstand still running in driveway, and foot firmly planted on rear brake pedal. It worked effortlessly.
That said, there is nothing like a road test. So there I am wearing a flanal shirt and sweat jacket sitting on a "NAKED" GL1200 Aspencade, no trunk, no trunk rack, no seat, no saddlebags, no tail lights or turnsignals, only enough of the fairing installed so I can see the digital display so as to be able to observe the oil pressure light and temp, and I hit the road, sitting on a rag that was covering the gas level sending unit. I have one working parking light in the front fairing, and it is 14 degrees outside.
Best ride of my life. Two times around the block, and everything on the digital display checks out. I had been slightly concerned about that.
Now I get to tear her down again, and do timing belts, flush cooling system, and when I am done with that will do front fork seals and dust covers.
I have been working on clean up of the rest of the cycle while waiting on parts, so when that is done, I will begin reassembly.