all back together except for the control box for the cb cant figure where

it goes tried the left fairing pocket but cant seem to get it to fit there

also some wiring missing if that is where it goes cant figure why they pulled

it in the first place but i guess i hopefully fix what they did

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

If you mean the intercom splitter box it does go beneath and forward of the left fairing pocket. All that stuff in there is a tight fit.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

no i believe this is a control box for the cb it where the antenna connects has 2 four wire connectors on 1 end and a 3 wire pwr connector on the other

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

I have all the parts out of an 85 fairing except the CB itself and don't have anything like that unless it is the radio control that fits on top of the CB. I really don't remember what connectors it had on it.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

post us a picture if u can

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

finally got around to get pics and here they are maybe someone will reconize it and tell me where it belongs on the bike i think its the main control box for the cb as the antenna screws on it andthe head unit on the left pocket also goes with it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

would like to get the cb and intercom working again if for no other reason just because its there and belongs with the bike thanks in advance for any help given

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

like wildman says,defintely not a stock honda style panasonic unit normally seen on a on an 84-7 GL1200

should be some model # and manufacturer #'s on it i would think that you could search info from

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Looks aftermarket to me. The round connector in picture 2 I believe is were a mic is connected to. But it's one of the mics that has all the controls on it, and an analog window with the channels showing, signal strength etc......

EDIT: Oh Yea, throw it away and start over, Cycle comm is out of business. You'd be hard pressed to find a mic for it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

thanks never thought about that it is a midland unit made in 1989 will look around the web and see what i can find out about it if it does end up working will let you guys know thanks for all your help

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

What you have is a Midland 75-225A CB that for a car used a wired mic with all of the controls and display in it. Cycle Comm, what you have, J&M, and Sierra, all made a remote head for installing on the motorcycle and integrating into the OEM and aftermarket systems.I cannot help with the wiring to the 1200 system for the Cycle Comm unit as I no longer have the diagrams available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.