Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I think I was wrong once!
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for input from some of you out in the goldwing world!

Thinking of adding a I-pod port, I am planning to add a passanger control to change the am/fm station and mute buton, and would like to get my gps audio into the head set of my wing's factory sound system.

I picked up (on E-bay) a used driver control swith and plan to splice into my driver control wires and mount it so the passanger can also control it like the driver can.

If I use the caset tape deck with a patch cord adapter I can plug in my cell phone, I-pod, portable cd player, and push play on tape deck and I can play the music from these devices into the factory sound system.

My wife will never talk on the CB so I was thinking of making her intercome mic a push to talk mike using her CB P.T.T. button.

Has anyone ever wired a plug into the sound system to use insted of the tape deck adapter? If so How?

Also my GPS and my radar detector have audio out ports that I have been thinking about adding them to the sound system.

Anyone done this type of stuff before? If so how?

Anyone recomend i don't try to do this stuff? If so Why?

thanks

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll watch that thread too newday777 thanks for pointing it out. But does anyone else have any coments on my post?

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
Check out this device for adding an aux jack for your various audio sources into your bikes audio system. The plug is designed for the 1500 & 1800 but can easily be adapted to the earlier models by changing the plug for your bike.

http://goldwingdocs.com/Store/Goldwing-GPS-Audio-Input.asp

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Well, I can;t help you with the wiring. But I can offer you this. There is an app for th eiphone 3gs and later called Motion X Drive. It uses the gps built intot eh phone for navigation. Ive been using it for years and it works brilliantly. has a feature built in to play the music on your phone while navigating. it will tune the music down for the navigation prompts then turn it back up again. The app itself is free and you can by the "Live guidance" or voice prompting service for $3 a month or $30 a year. Sometimes you can catch the service on discount for ten bucks a year.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it would take one device out of the equation and be that much less power draw on your charging system.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See getting ideas like these is part of why I started this thread. See you all atr making me think outside the box.

Thanks and keep it coming.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok some of you may have seen my thread that I added a second mute button with tuner switch to my 1200.
I have had no luck in addeding a axilary port I'm considering looking into the adapter Bellboy40 sent the link on, but how would I add that to the 1200 system?
I would think if they sell an adapter I should be able to make one myself but that adapter is for the 1500 and 1800 and what is the little box in that wire for.

If I add an axilary port as a extra mic on the intercom it auto mutes the caset player and or radio and is varry lowed, turn the mic down and now I can't hear my passanger talk.

If I add an axilary port into the CB's audio line it workes great but will need to have the squeltch adjusted to allow radio or caset audio and will only work with the cb turned on. This will work for what I'm trying to do but I have the CB's audio in the mix too. I could unplug the antena and stop the cb audio but that would make me loose the CB (that I have never used but may wish it worked some day)

I have tryed other point too with fead back or no luck

Anyone have an idea that I can try or tell you if I have already tryed?

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
The unit I was referring to in the link was intended to be used as an input for a GPS, radar detector or the like. Something that comes in as an alert to notify you of something. It is like having another mike input... that is it mutes the audio in your headset and inserts its audio source. The sound is only in the headsets and will not come through the speaker. You could use it to play music in the headsets but if you do that the radio or cassette won't be heard because their sound will be disabled by the input from this device. Also the intercom is mono only.
To use it on the 1100 or 1200 you would have to put some different plugs on where it connects to the motorcycle intercom system. You would need the 5 pin DIN plugs for those bikes.
The little square lumps in the cord is the ground loop isolator transformer. It keeps ground loop noise out of your intercom. The forum administrator for the GoldWingDocs site is who builds these. He is a really nice guy and an electronic whiz. He could guide you in how to modify if for your 1200.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Larry (aka Bellboy40)

L8r
Larry (aka Justwingnit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.