Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All...my mechanic called me for some advice today on the fuel injected SEi that he is working on. I have a Limited Edition.
The SEi has 11,000 original kms. can you believe it. It is a Shriner parade bike.
However...I believe, it's probably the crank sensor that's the culprit...and it just so happens that the relays are getting hot coincidently along with that.
I told him I would ask on the forum, in the event anyone else has already had experience with this.
And also...it's a bike I would like to keep an eye on as I have 216,000 kms. on mine and she starting to get tired.
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

The fellow who I bought my 1500 from also has a 1200 sei i guess fuel injected. He says it starts runns fine but as soon as it hits warm it shuts off. He was willinng to sell it to me very cheaply but not shure what would cause this problem also
Wilf

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

The fellow who I bought my 1500 from also has a 1200 sei i guess fuel injected. He says it starts runns fine but as soon as it hits warm it shuts off. He was willinng to sell it to me very cheaply but not shure what would cause this problem also
Wilf

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Need to stick with the problem causing the bike to die. When it shuts down does it restart right away? Does it lose spark or is it fuel related? Is he aware of the fault code diagnostic LED's? The relays getting hot may or may not be related but we need further info to help...

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you all for your responses...I will quiz some more on lead up to shut down and how long before re-start and how it runs after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.