Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My '86 Interstate has sat for 4 months so I jumped it with my truck. It started after a few minutes after which I took off the cables and shut off the bike to see if it would start on its own. It wouldn't, so I put the jumpers on again and tried to start it but inadvertently I had switched the positive and the negative. Now, I can't even get anything to work. Absolutely no power.

I'm hoping it is a main fuse somewhere, but where is it???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum.. The main fuse on the 1200 its on the right side of the battery, its stick in the same assembly of the starter solenoid.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

When I had a good Samaritan reverse the cables on an MGB that I owned, it cooked the alternator.

I hope your Stator isn't blown.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

You're aware of the 30Amp fuse that is in the black plastic holder, just to the rear of the battery?

Let's hope that pup blew out quickly for you.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

rgbeard,

I'm new to maintainance of my bike. To the right of the battery is a round cylinder and behind that is a black rectangular plastic box. In which one is the fuse I have to check?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

If the upgrade has not been done to your bike on the round part which is the selonoid should be a dog bone fuse hidden under a piece of plastic. That would be your main 30 amp fuse. Check that first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.