Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I HAVE TO REPLACE my seat! After 500 miles this weekend it just about kilt me!.. that's W Kentucky slang for it wore my saddle spot out!! This is an original seat and foam as far as I can tell and I'm just a wee bit under 300 pounds. I do ride several hundred miles at times but I am getting things in line to ride to DC next spring, that will be over 1600 miles round trip, and I have to replace this seat before that trip

I know asking a groups suggestions will open alot of suggestions but I see a lot of the Saddleman Road Sofa's on ebay and other places. I've decided I will go that route if I need to but I need some help.

Like I said I'm a big guy and I'm needing to find some comfort in all the right places :action:

Thanks

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
The stock '87 seat is pretty good but not cheap.
I know a lot of people also swear by Corbins. I don't know if anyone can match the stock color for that old of a bike.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard the 87 held up but even a different color I could add a cover or pad but all I can say after riding this seat for a few thousands of miles is I'm glad my baby making days are over !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.