Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have replaced thefuel pump with e8000, old one was out, replaced timing belts and ns sensor I got from Honda dealer, reversed wires, has ign coils in specs, new wires, plugs fairly new, new fuel filter. Test rode bike today and had a heck of a time keeping it going. Throttle up in 4th gear and it would take off, let off throttle and it acted like it was missing and starving for fuel. When it stalled I checked the ecu lights and none were flashing or on. They do come on normal when key is turned on. Any other ideas what to check for? Sure would like to ride this thing. Also noticed that when first started the rpms were 1700 to 1800 and it would take a few minutes to settle down but would fluctuate between 900 to 100 rpm.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Good day, if I was going to try something, I would locate the throttle position sensor on the left front side of the throttle body. Follow the wire up to the connector and unplug, start the bike, it will go into a limp home mode. If the bike runs better then it has, the throttle position sensor probably has failed. If it needs replacement it does require adjustment. Your symtoms seem to be this, something else to check, right? Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.