Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello im new to the site and im also new to the goldwing...i just recently baught an 87 1200 interstate and i would love her if i could ride her...but the first day in the saddle i droped her realy hard...cracked the farring realy bad...but thats another story.....im looking for the origanal driver pegs,shifter,brake pedal...i dont think i can get used to the floor boards and heal toe shifter on her now..and the drop has me gun shy of her now to make it worse...Does any one have any advise about getting back the basick pegs and stuff?? im an old school rider having a 82 cb900. and riding other bikes in the past also getting over the gun shy part?? thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Interested in your old floorboard and shift rubbers if you take them off.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Top post on the tech forum has a list of used parts sellers. You can also check on E-bay.

Brojees, I like my floorboards now, but it took some getting used to. I didn't ride for a number of years before getting my 1200. I think that helped me in getting used to them.

The brake pedal will no longer be where you are use to
, if you have the Marklands like mine. This can be a real problem in a pannic stop, so you will have to get used to the different "feel".

But they sure look good!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

A couple of the wings that I almost bought had floorboards and the heel/toe shifter, and it felt awkward for me as well. The bike I eventually got has the standard pegs and shifter-what I was used to- and I am now happy about that. Who knows, maybe after a while, I will want to trythem out, but for now I am content.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Hi Just went through that my self getting ridof the boards. Somehow i ended up with two sets of pegs,brake pedels,and shifters and sensei could only use one set i have everything you need cept the bolts.

Let me know if your interested

Pat

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

yes pat im very interested in them.. im james by the way i ve been looking about 3 months now and cant find the parts anywere so let me n=know were and how much and we can work something out

thanks james

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Well check your pm's here in about 2 minutes.

Pat

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

:clapper:I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!:clapper:

Pat

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks man youre a life saver ive been looking for a while now for the parts now maybe i can ride her ...im just not used to those bords and shifter

again thanks james

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
imported post

Hi James...Send me a PM,and I'll go through my old bolts to see if I can find what Pat doesn't have for you...

I have tried different manufactures of floorboards,and for the way I ride (speed shifting at times) I just don't care for the heel-toe shifting/braking method..

I just put a set that don't have the big round chrome tube on my Buddy's bike for testing,Much nicer than the Marklands.. I didn't like those either,he on the other hand loves them,so I left them on his wing..

I like to feel the pegs/shifter/brake pedal at the tips of my toes..And when I want to put my feet up,I use my Markland Highway boards on the engine guards.

Let me know James.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

hi i too just got into goldwings i traded the one i just bought my first came with floors and heal toe shifter and i would concider buying yours for a reasonable price reply to weather your interested in selling them thanks mike!:D

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

big jim1701 wrote:
Hello im new to the site and im also new to the goldwing
Hey big jim1701 :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

firstknight38544 wrote:
hi i too just got into goldwings
Hey firstknight38544 :waving: Cead Mile Failte :clapper:(Hundred Thousand Welcomes)

to the Best Goldwing Forum on the net. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I have an 87 Aspencade with floorboards and heel toe shifter. It sure took a long time to get used to them but I really like them now. i would get a few miles under your belt before throwing them away, you may well end up getting converted like me!!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

johnmac wrote:
Top post on the tech forum has a list of used parts sellers. You can also check on E-bay.

Brojees, I like my floorboards now, but it took some getting used to. I didn't ride for a number of years before getting my 1200. I think that helped me in getting used to them.

The brake pedal will no longer be where you are use to
, if you have the Marklands like mine. This can be a real problem in a pannic stop, so you will have to get used to the different "feel".

But they sure look good!

I know and I have been checking. My rubber inserts fell off my shifter miles ago and no luck finding replacements. I love the floorboards. First time to actually use them and I will never go back to pegs.

Need a rubber insert for my left passenger floorboard as well.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Brojees;    Check old posts... There was someone who made floorboard rubber pads with  some rubber matting available from either  Home Depot... or an Auto store... Sharp razor blade, good rubber contact glue, and you are set../forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif.......                                               and Mr 1200... You and I are in the same camp... I am assuming that "Speedshifting" is what I call clutchless shifting... just match the RPM's, and push the shifter /forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif?... I also  love doing that ... and using both the heel, and the toe is GREAT....  although  I have scraped the bottom of the boards../forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif. which move up a bit on mine.........for just that purpose ... I would not want   to go back to pegs, for this type of Bike.. SilverDave  /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.