Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am rebuilding the carbs on my 87 Aspencade. The slow circuit air and bowl vent pipe's are reversed on carb 1 and 3 as compared to the rebuild manual by Howard Halasz. Although aligned with the parts fiche from partzilla. Can anyone confirm the correct orientation? Any help is appreciated. Picture of the bike for the hell of it!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Font Motor vehicle Advertising Engineering History

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Motor vehicle Auto part

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Well I shot pics of a set of carbs from 3 different angles and can't see what you need.
This hose routing pic is from the OEM manual. Maybe it has a clue. Do you have the OEM manual?
View attachment 331288
Thank you for the welcome! I'm from Michigan, taking advantage of the cold weather to get maintenance done. I appreciate the attempt, awfully crowded on that part of the bike. I cant quite make it out from that diagram. Haven't tracked down the oem manual yet been using the clymer.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remember that every single fuel line, and all the things those lines connect to, are larger than other years.
I found a source for the fuel lines from an aftermarket Harley-D supplier. They have discontinued them but you may be able to find another source. The key is the bends.
View attachment 331325
Thanks for the heads up. I got the larger size today, replacing the couple of straight runs there are. Haven't tried tracking down the bends yet.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are wondering about the three tubes that are found between the carbs, maybe this can help.
Looking from the saddle, the #1 & #3 carbs are on your right hand. The #2& #4, are on your left.
The short, or top tube shows the T toward the #1 carb. The next one down shows the T toward the #3 carb. the third tube has no T and is on the bottom.

The left side of the engine;
The front carb (#2) the T is toward the #4 carb and the longer one, the T is toward the front carb (#2), with the tube with no T, still on the bottom.
This is from the exploded view in my manual.
I hope this is what you need.
be blessed, DT
Exactly what I needed. Appreciate the help, thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts