Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, firstly i have little mechanical experience! me and my father have just bought an 87' GL1200 Aspencade, it has sat for 3 yrs and needs some TLC! battery is dead and the usual non starter! have bought new spark plugs to be fitted but it seems that only the front cylinders on each side are sparking and the rear are getting no power. does anybody know why this would be or have any tips on what you would do to prep it for the road again, i will be changing all fluids, will i need to clean the carbs?

many thanks for the help

Ali

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

check the coils, there are two coils, one for front cylinders and other for rear cylinders, swap them and test them.

·
Administrator
26,167 Posts
imported post

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but yes the carbs will have to be cleaned unless it was prepared for long term storage which is unlikely.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

many thanks! i have located the coils and am going to test them. i will see if there is a current going into the second coil as that seems to be the one connected to the rear cylinders. i gathered the carbs would need to be cleaned, any sugestions on how best to do this? take the whole assembly off or is it possible to clean them efficiently while they are attached? you were right it was not prepaired for long term storage!

thanks

Ali

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.