Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing the timing belts on my old bike, I had to drain the radiator. Of course this means disconnecting the lower radiator hose. Someone posted that removing the small housing from the bike was the better way to go. I did that, but when I put it back together, it had a tiny drip. I would like to have ignored it, but I know better. My old O-ring had become distorted. I ordered one from Partshfish.com, but it wasn't going to arrive for a week and we are supposed to have good weather this weekend. I went to a hardware store, and the store I went to didn't have a 46x2 O-ring (which is supposedly what the bike uses). I happened to stop by an O'Reilly Auto parts store and was directed to a box of 12 different sized O-rings. One of them looked pretty close and when the guy let me open the box, I found it to be a perfect match. If you find yourself with a leaking lower radiator hose O-ring, run over and pick up a "Dorman HELP! O-ring kit" number 80024. The kit costs $5 and you may only need that one ring, but you will be on your way fast and you will have some extra O-rings for who knows what!

I hope this helps someone!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
This is a great contribution. Thank you for the information. One never knows who will stumble across this on the Internet and have it make their day.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma Enjoy the Wing

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just ordered the Dorman 80025 from RockAuto, hope it includes any I may need. I'm doing my belts and stat and hoses too. I see Amazon has the 80024.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.