Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The windshield slides down on it's own... not sure how to adjust so it will still be 'adjustable' but not slide down all by itself! Any DIY articles with pictures out there anywhere? Thanks for the help!

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
In the front under the panel are 5 metal sliders that secure the windshield. Two are different from the others and need to be on the outside edges.
Perhaps there is a way to adjust the handle to get a touch more clamping? You might need to remove the morros and front panel and make sure all parts are there and in good shape (no stripped screws, etc)
Rich

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
My 1990 GL1500 has the same issue. Once I decided my desired windshield height I put some double sided foam mounting tape between my windshield and the front fairing. Perhaps not the most elegant solution but it works.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Mine is aftermarket and hence thicker. I can not adjust it without removing the front panel. No biggie.
Hope you get yours worked out!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
The windshield slides down on it's own... not sure how to adjust so it will still be 'adjustable' but not slide down all by itself! Any DIY articles with pictures out there anywhere? Thanks for the help!
X2. Planned on fixing it when I install my headlight modulator, heated grips, and replace the dash bulbs with LED.

Steve

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
The rubber mat that the windshield is pressed against gets dried out and hard so it no longer can resist the sliding action. There are a few options but the only 'factory' one is to get a new rubber mat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.