Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:waving: Hi all......new to the forum as of today cause yesterday got me a new to me gl1500 with 45k and beautiful condition. Can't figure out why I waited so long and went through a couple of sport touring bikes first. Anyway.......the only thing we (my wife and I ) kinda dislike are aftermarket pipes, can't find the model of them any where stamped on them (they are the kind that are turned down at the end). The low pitch rumble is to loud, I want quiet! Gold Wing Quiet! These don't sound bad infact I kind of like them but the point is for my wife and I to go together, talk, enjoy the music and such. Otherwise I would have kept my last sport bike. I know I can keep scanning eBay and craigslist and throw out some wanted posts, but anybody have some. experience with others? Or does any body want to work out a trade
Thanks
Jay

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the new to you bike. I also bought a 1500 on last sunday. Gone for a few short runs with it. Seems to be working fine. Mine shure is quite
Wilf

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
imported post

When you find a new set let me know...my 88 pipes are starting to get a few holes. I don't mind some rumble! Got any pics?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Since mine is an 88, can I take a new modlel muffler like an 98 gl1500 (flate wide tip) and unbolt the tips then add on down facing tips

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

cr37198 wrote:
Since mine is an 88, can I take a new modlel muffler like an 98 gl1500 (flate wide tip) and unbolt the tips then add on down facing tips
Your '88 muflers don't use the same "tip" mounting as the '98 you're referencing.

The '98 tips remove about 3"-4" back to the muffler body with 3 bolts around the peremeter of the muffler body itself(sort of a slip-on exhaust tip affair).

Your '88 mufflers are significantly different in that the "end" of the muffler is fully formed and the smaller diameter turn-down tip is help in place with one rivet.

You can just run the '98 mufflers if you wanna...

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

you can run the 98 mufflers, but you won't be able to put turn downs on it like you want because there are no aftermarket ones available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.