Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello well I have been having a gas smell since I bought the bike awhile back. It ran like a champ but the smell bothered me, so I decided to take a look at the carbs.When I pulled the out there was wet crude around the carb boots. There was crude on the side of the carb like gas was coming out of the carb somewhere and the dripping down it onto the boots. Question is there any kind of carb gasket that could be leaking? I looked at it and could not find any leaks in any hoses. I do not want to put those things back in only to have them start doing it again. Any suggestions would be so very welcomed Thanks and God Bless

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

hi, i recently had my carbs off to clean them, eventually got them back on the bike and got her fired up only to find a gas smell, and gas dripping onto the cylinder heads. i was having trouble getting the seals on the float bowls to stay in place until i could screw them on. i found one of the seals had popped out a bit and had been squashed and cut by the bowl. it was really hard to tell where it was coming from but you could just see the gas seeping out of the join. check there and use a cloth to dry it off, the gas should work its way out quickly so you should find it. took me ages to find it! good luck!

Ali

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.