Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 Goldwing, Phantom Grey with some nice pinstriping, 109k miles, always garage kept. $3,800 obo, If you've been thinking about going to a 1500, this may be the one. Runs like a top. All the bells and whistles, including reverse, cruise, am fm cassette, air suspension, trailer hitch, CB, intercom, tall windshield, newer Dunlop tires have about 3k miles on them. Over $3,000 in add ons. Carbs rebuilt, vacumm lines redone about 3 months ago. Forks rebuilt with new Progressive springs installed. New front brake pads. Timing belts changed within the last year. Newer rear rotor. Close to $1,000 in all that work alone. All fluids changed, (clutch, brake, coolant), recent air and other filter changes, new plugs, recent oil change. Clean TN title in hand.

Minor cosmetic damage due to a low speed laydown last week. Mirror, chrome engine guard scraped some, some minor plastics damaged, that's about it. Runs great, still riding it. NO joyrides. Need to have current motorcycle endorsement on your license and cash in hand to test ride it. You can buy it and ride it home.

You can see pics on my Craigslist ad.
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/3386032171.html

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I owned a 88 same color as yours and a 96 model and now own a 99 model, I have told many people the 88 ran better than the other two, seem to me it had more power, maybe just me but it ran very strong. solaro

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I owned a 88 same color as yours and a 96 model and now own a 99 model, I have told many people the 88 ran better than the other two, seem to me it had more power, maybe just me but it ran very strong. solaro
Good to hear. It's really a great bike.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
Why are you selling?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you selling?
Even though the damage from the laydown is extremely minor and cosmetic only, as can be seen in the ad pics, because of the age of the bike and the way insurance values the "repairs", they totaled it. They paid a settlement and I still have the bike with a clean TN title. But since my insurance has now "paid for" the bike, they will only cover me for liability on THIS bike. New bike = full coverage. Otherwise, I'd be keeping this bike. Definitely staying in the saddle. Probably look for another GL1500.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lowered to $3,500 obo. Need to move it out of the garage and make room for a new ride.....

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably be picking up a new ride this coming holiday weekend, so I need to get this gone. Now on CL for $3,500 but will sell it to a forum member here for $3,000. Lowest I can go. I have over $5k in it. If you've been thinking about moving up to a 1500 but don't want to break the bank, here's your chance....

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Let me talk it over with my credit union, see if they will loan me the money, but its going to be in December before I can make a move. I have one more finical obligation I need to make first.. Will get back to you after turkey day...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Hey T its Craig down in Ellijay again. Is your right floor board still ok I saw in the pics with it mounted and one without...did u say 3000 or 3500, use my [email protected]...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice bike. trailer too....

Glad you're ok. Sounds like it could have been much worse. Sent you an email a few minutes ago.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
pm sent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.