Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 GL1500
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just overhauling my front forks.... Did the right side and went well... disassembling the left one and saw that there was one part missing comared to the right one... When looking at the honda part diagram, part #20 is listed as 1 required. Circlip #9 is listed at 5 required.... Either #20 is missing on the left side or not required?

Font Line Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can't help with your issue but someone who can will be on soon.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
The parts fiche is correct. Oil lock piece is only on one side. Careful with your fork oil. Different amounts required because of this.

·
Registered
88 GL1500
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts fiche is correct. Oil lock piece is only on one side. Careful with your fork oil. Different amounts required because of this.
Yes i saw... But the thing is that they ask to top it after both the same heights level at the end...

·
Administrator
27,939 Posts
Yes i saw... But the thing is that they ask to top it after both the same heights level at the end...
But the same level will require different amounts of fluid.

·
Registered
426 Posts
And use ATF like the shop manual states, not fork oil. I tried fork oil in the correct weight and level when I rebuilt the forks on my 88. The forks would bottom out on small bumps. I switched bac to ATF and everything was fine. Later bikes switched to Fork Oil.

Honda was using ATF on these late 80's forks. I had a NX 650 that called for ATF. I tried Fork Oil in that one too. The forks were hard as rocks. Switched back to ATF, smooth and they worked like they should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts